Saturday, April 08, 2006

Keep Them Guessing

I absolutely hate it when a pea starts a thread that has everyone wondering and guessing what the hell they are talking about. Some of the posts are very obvious such as this one. The author is blatantly telling you that she knows something and you don't and she is going to make everyone wait 4 days to find out what that something is. Some thread titles are a little less obvious such as this one. And some are just so pointless I can't even imagine wasting my time typing it.

Someone tell me why these type of posts have to exist? If you are going to title a post about being sad or depressed or whatever, then why not follow through with a post about why you are feeling that way? What is your reasoning for posting if you are not going to explain what is going on? Just so strangers can comfort you? Well you could be sad that gay couples are allowed to adopt children in which case I would not comfort you. Is it just for attention? Do you want to see how many people will respond asking you what is wrong and giving you lame cyber hugs?

You are wasting people's time by baiting them with a title only to string them along when they open the thread. And don't give me that bullshit about having the power to skip by posts. When someone says they are upset I open it to see if I can offer some advice. So when I open a thread and there is just some lame face then you have wasted my time. By titling your thread
I am just sad...that's all....okay?
doesn't really make your post less intriguing. Quite the opposite in fact. And if that is simply all you are going to say then again, why bother? I wish people like that would start a blog or the like where they can put that kind of crap in there and put a link to their blog in their siggy. That way if I want to waste my time going to your blog to see how you are feeling then it's my loss if there is nothing worth while to read when I get there.

Oh, and as for posts like the first example I gave- guessing games are for children. Here again is a perfect reason to have a blog. What kind of reaction are you wanting from the peas with a post like that? No one has a fricken clue what you are talking about so to say they were excited for you or congratulating you would be stupid. Why not just wait until the day you can tell us before opening your pie hole? What kind of adult are you to get pleasure from watching people guess what you are talking about. And what kind of adult are you to play the guessing game with the author?

Grow up.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I hate this too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home