Thursday, April 27, 2006

Uh, She Is Your Mother

The OP wants to know what she should do for Mother's Day because her Mom is giving her the silent treatment. Tell me, did your mother beat you with a wooden spoon when you were a child? Did she hang you by your toes in the basement and make you listen to the Eddie Murphy album for hours on end? Did she make you eat what the rest of the family left on their dinner plates and do so out of the dog bowl? She is your MOTHER. Stop being a braty little bitch and get the woman a card. There are several that simply say "Happy Mother's Day". You don't have to get one telling her she is Mrs. Brady. The woman gave birth to you. She fed and clothed and cared for you, You're not a child anymore. Do the adult thing and send her a card. Let her choose to acknowledge it or not. This is such a lame thing to ask about.

9 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jen said...

OMG...I totally agree with you. Be the bigger person, send her a card and shut the eff up.

I love this blog. You are the best, whoever you are.

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another duh, the answer is so obvious threads. Get your panties out of the wad they are in and use mothers day as an opportunity to make things right. Grrrrr does this poster not realize she is making the problem worse and more likely than not she is the freakin problem.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good gravy...can't believe I missed this one!

I think it actually ranks right up there with the other pea who didn't want to go to her daughter's concert or something because it was on Mother's Day, listed as her "day off." Um, hello? The kid is the reason why you ARE a mother so suck it up and just go!

Keep up the fantastic blogging. It's hilarious! I can't wait to hear what you have to say in each update!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sick of these obvious posts. Just have respect for your mom even if she drives you crazy. That's what mother's day is all about. I don't care who you are, writing this, but you are the shit.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! (weird coming from me, an atheist, but I'm sick of writing ITA all the time lately) ;)

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one isn't as horrid as the "my husband beats me and calls me a fat worthless cow, what should I do?" posts but it's in the same genus or family or whatever you want to call it. Do they really think we're going to say, "Ignore your mom!" or "Go see your priest and give the bastard another chance!"

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Get her a card" was the first thought that popped into my mind too. Makes you wonder if people bother to think before posting.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I TOTALLY agree with you

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

oh please, you don't know Nedra (my loony tuny mother). She in no way deserves any of the affection I DO manange to squeeze out.....yeah she did some of those things you mentioned, Blogger. She's a nutcase. I do however love my MIL and have a couple of 'surrogate' mothers who will receive gifts, love and affection for Mother's Day.
Simply squeezing a kid out of your vagina does not make one a Mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home